As an Elected Councillor, I am a Data Controller and accountable for the processing of personal data in connection with requests received from constituents.

What personal data is collected and how is it used?

When you ask for my help and assistance I will usually need to collect your name, address and contact information together with details of the problem or concern. Depending on the circumstances of your request, I may need additional sensitive data such as information about your health. I will only collect the minimum amount of personal data needed to provide you with the support you have requested.

The information that you provide will be processed according to the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Your data will be held securely and treated as confidential at all times and I will only collect the personal information that is required to process your request or provide you with relevant information. I will not make any disclosures to third parties for marketing purposes.

What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?

Under data protection law I must have a valid lawful basis for processing your data. I will usually rely on one of the following bases:

· Consent: you have given your consent for me to process your personal data for a specific purpose

· Public task: where the processing of your data is necessary for me to perform a task in the public interest or for my official functions as an elected representative and the task or function has a clear basis in law

· Legitimate interests: where the processing is necessary for my legitimate interests as an elected representative or the legitimate interests of my constituents unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.

· Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.


Depending on the nature of your request I may need to collect sensitive personal data. This is classed as ‘special category data’ and could include information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership and the processing of genetic or biometric data, health and sex life and sexual orientation.

When processing this type of personal data I may rely on one of the following additional bases:

· Explicit Consent: you have given explicit consent to the processing of your special category data for one or more specified purposes;

· Substantial Public Interest: processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest for an Elected Representative responding to requests.

· Vital Interests: processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another living individual where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent.

Who will I share your information with?

In order to respond effectively to your query or request I may need to share your personal data with Pembrokeshire County Council, Schools, other elected representatives or local organisations and third parties, this could include Narberth CP School, Hywel Dda Health Board, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Welsh Government, UK Government and their associated agencies and departments.

Personal details of constituents will not be passed on to anyone else unless required to do so by law or where this is in connection with a criminal investigation.

How long do I keep hold of your information?

I will not hold your personal data longer than necessary, in most cases this will not exceed five years or until the next election whichever is sooner. However, there may be exceptions depending on individual circumstances. Your information will be securely disposed of when it is no longer required.

Your Rights

Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, you have rights, depending on the legal basis for processing your data, these include:

· The right to Rectification – if you think information I hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete you can ask for this to be corrected.

· The right to Restrict processing may apply – you may ask me to restrict the processing of your personal data.

· The right to Object – this is not an absolute right and will depend on the reason for processing your personal information.

· The right to Erasure – you can ask for your personal information to be deleted or removed in some circumstances.

· The right to Data portability – you have the right to request transfer of your information without determent.

· The right to not be subject to Automated decision making and profiling.

· The right of Access – you have the right to ask me for copies of your personal data that I hold about you.

Please contact me if you wish to exercise any of these rights.

Complaints or Queries

If you have a concern about how I have processed your personal data, please contact me to see if I can explain and resolve the problem. If you remain dissatisfied and want to make a complaint about the way I have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as the statutory body which oversees data protection law. If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner, the contact details are:


Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane




Telephone No: 0303 123 1113


My Contact Details are:

Cllr Marc Tierney, County Hall, Haverfordwest.  Telephone 01834 889 119.



Changes to this privacy notice

I keep this privacy notice under regular review.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search